ISO 50001:2018 is based on the management system model of continual improvement used in other standards (e.g. ISO9001 and ISO14001). By using the same model, it easier for organisations to integrate energy management into their overall efforts to improve quality and environmental management. The standard provides a framework of requirements to:-
- Develop a policy for more efficient use of energy
- Fix targets and objectives to meet the policy
- Use data to better understand and make decisions about energy use
- Measure the results
- Review how well the policy works
- Continually improve energy management
By using this framework it enables an organisation to achieve continual improvement of energy performance, including energy efficiency, energy use and consumption which results in a reduction of their energy costs and their greenhouse gas emissions.
WPSCC can guide you through all the steps you will need to take in order to successfully complete this standard and obtain the accreditation.
Call us today on 01604 859961 for help and advice or use the Get in Touch button.