Stay Legal & Compliant but don't pay the Environment Agency a penny more than you have to!
The Environment Agency has set up a programme of work called the Strategic Review of Charges to reform their charging scheme for 2018-23. As a result of their review they are proposing to replace the current Environmental Permitting (EP) Charging Scheme (effective from 1 April 2014) and most of the Operational Risk Appraisal (OPRA) assessment except the compliance scoring where applicable which will come into effect in April 2018.
The proposed charges will see customers paying 2 to 3 times more on their current Environmental Permit charges.
Avoid unnecessary costs by contacting WPS and we will work with you save time and money securing your Environmental Permit.
Did you know?
- When a site is first granted a permit it defaults to an “A” grade site until it has been inspected.
- This grading dictates what the annual subsistence fees will be.
- The impact of having a poor inspection can be significant. An “A” rated site will easily slip to a “B” rating with the associated additional minimum fee increase of 5%.
- More significant breaches could increase subsistence costs by 30% if ratings fall significantly.
- A major non-conformance or pollution event could also result in site suspension or legal action costing a great deal of money.
- Suspension would stop the site from operating at all until all the appropriate corrective actions had been implemented and these actions approved by the Environment Agency.
- The cost of legal action runs into many thousands and possibly revocation of the permit.
Let WPS keep these costs to a minimum.
Call us today on 01604 859961 to find out more or email [email protected]
In addition to the standard packages WPS also prides itself on its bespoke services to the industry.
Ask us about:
• The Environment Agency liaison service
• Environmental Impacts assessment
• Fire Prevention Plan service
• Environmental training
• Environmental Management Systems
• Permit application, variation, transfer or surrender
• Waste Carriers registration service
• Waste Transfer Notes administration service
• Resource Efficiency
Call us today on 01604 859961 to learn more