Site Waste Management Plans Regulations 2008 apply in England and come into force on 6th April 2008.
Why do you need a Site Waste Management Plan (SWMP)?
The most common reasons currently are to obtain BREEAM credits (WST01), or satisfy Planning Conditions. A WPS SWMP goes further – it will also:-
- Prove you are satisfying your responsibilities under the (waste) Duty of Care regulations.
- Track the recycling rates your waste contractor(s) are achieving.
- Provide budget information, allowing you to compare your waste overheads across projects to assist with accurate tendering.
- Feed into your Site Travel Plan.
- Contribute to your carbon footprint calculation.
- Assist with Considerate Constructors Scheme (CCS) points.
Working with Waste Plan Solutions (WPS)
At Waste Plan Solutions (WPS) we offer a range of solutions for managing your Site Waste Management Plans (SWMPs).
We can provide a total Site Waste Management service, which can either be included with other consultancy services, or billed on a fixed price basis, according to your project needs.
With WPS you know you will get:-
- Cost effective flexibility from WPS: WPS offers 3 levels of service, so there is always one to suit your needs (and pocket!). We offer:
- Full Management (WPS does everything necessary to produce your complete SWMP, including monthly waste arisings updates and site visits).
- Partial Management, where WPS does some and the client does some.
- WPS sets up the client on WastePlan (www.wasteplan.co.uk), our online software tool and they produce their own SWMP. Priced either by project, or an annual licence fee. Find out more about WastePlan here.
- Customised service offerings and delivery: whether it’s producing reports, providing training, or both, we aim to provide the complete service you need.
- Rapid response: we understand that turnaround and response times can often be short, so we do our best to work within them.
- Experience and innovation: our award winning team’s knowledge of the construction industry, awareness of site practices and pressures and our desire to continuously learn and innovate means we will meet and exceed your needs.
If you do not have a SWMP in place or are unsure of how to get started, WPS can help. Please call 01604 859961, or use the contact form on the right for a detailed quote and more information on how we can help with you site waste management plan.